Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP with tcp/ip nightmare!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,

Recently my internet connection has been really slow, but in a weird way. Im getting fine data transferr speeds, they just arn't constant. When i play counterstrike and turn on netgraph the speeds flicker between nothing and fast. I installed a new isp a while ago and it said my internet connection is sharing the same protocol as my File And Printer sharing, so i removed and uninstalled my network card (which disabled file and printer sahring.. or at least it's unticked now) and removed all unnecassary items in network configuration. Things where fine and back to normal, but today the problem has returned. Can anyone help?

Thankyou,
Alex

Go to and run a tweak test on your computer. This will test your MTU and will advise of any changes needed. “Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all”

Fisher CCNA,(CCNP-Routing)
UOP Student BSIT
[americanflag]

Not sure what you mean by installed ISP. ISP means Internet Service Provider, which could be your problem. If you are having your slowdowns during peak hours on the Internet, I would be calling your ISP, because your ISP may be having a bottleneck or traffic problem on their switch, which will slow you down. So many networking folks like ourselves look at our own networks as the problem, when it's the service provider that is causing the problem. I have T1 lines and I do have slow connections once in a while, this is when I am on the phone with the T1 provider requesting testing from their end to see what's up. I may be off base, but I would call your ISP and ask them to do some testing from their end. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back