Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Sub Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombo

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
Hi,
I have a report that has one subreport. It runs ok, but needs fixing.
The Main report gets my Inventory, and the Subreport gets my Orders. They are linked (also grouped) by Item# and Warehouse key.
The Problem I am facing is that, I want the report to pull all Orders, and all Inventory whether there is a corresponding match for it or not. Presently, I only have a corresponding Inventory vs. Order.
How do I get all Orders against that non-existent inventory to be listed. I also need that "zero" inventory to show as well.
( My Main Report prints on GF2 (detail line suppressed) My Subreport is inserted on GF2. I pass 4 parameters to main report. )

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you have things reversed, I'd make the Order report the main one.

The alternative might be to add in a subreport at the end which demonstrates all orders except for those with inventory, but that sounds pretty messy visually.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back