Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with stk 4480-2 tape rack, error code 4533

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelon

Technical User
Sep 6, 2003
US
Have an storagetek 4480-2 attached to 2 4480-m22 controllers, both drives on rack are displaying 4533 error code and will not unload even after resetting power to rack, i cannot find the meaning of this error code anywhere, help me if you can?

There are various reasons for this FSC, you will need to get STK onsite to fix this problem, but I would recommend junking the whole system personally. It is unsupported, out of date and costs a fortune to keep running.......! If you need conversion advice and help, place your email address in this entry and I will contact you via email.
FSC: 4533
Microcode Level: ALL
Family ID: 002
Device Desc: Silverton Group
Probability: 20%
Callout: TD: DM and/or MBD and/or DP DP Cable
and/or Check Pressure and/or DS Check Hoses Pneu Switch

CSE Description: Pneumatic Pressure Switch off at start of Unload Execution.
---------------------------
Each problem above has a probability of 20%.
You have a snowball´s chance in hell of finding this problem......or you must be extremely lucky.
You will need one of the "older" STK Field Engineers to fix this, but parts are almost non existant........so he might tell you what the problem is, but that he cannot help. The setups need expensive tools and a lot of know how!!!! I do not even know if the special tools are still available at STK wherever you are..........
---------------------------

Thanks for the input, I replaced the pneumatic pump assy and did the air flow adjustments, the unit is up and running.

Your Pnuematic Assembly as gone bad and the vaccuum system is not taking in any of the pressure it needs. You need to replace. They look like two cylinder shaped items sitting at the bottom of the unit suspended on a l bar horizontally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back