Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with spanning tapes in a library

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibblm

Programmer
Aug 11, 2003
US
I have a compaq MSL5026 Library with a single 40/80 DLT drive and 14 tapes (max is 24 tpaes)

I have a sql database bakcup that is 116 GB. This will of course not fit onto one drive. I need arceserve to realize the tape is full and tell the changer to mount another tape. I am not exact on this. I am just presuming this is the way spanning needs to work in Arcserve.

I have 14 tapes assigned to one device thinking this would do what I wanted. However when I assigend the job it reached about 75% and just stopped with no errors or anything like it had just ran out of gas and was lieing dormant.

Do I need to use media pools for for spanning?

Hi
by defualt arcserve will span to next media provided you have extra tapes in tape.

1- what type of job you are using?
2-are you getting the message unable to find blank media
3-go to backup options media option and make sure you select the for additional media which is overwrite same media name
or blank media.

regards,
mohamdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back