Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with small office edition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx7153

Technical User
Aug 9, 2004
US
Hi all
I just installed a small office edition with 2.0 software.
I installed the 3 cd's on my PC and set up the system bacic
using IP address 192.168.42.1, and now I can't get back into to the IP Office to do more programming.

What can I do to get back in to the system and will I be able to add 4600 IP sets to the system.

My system is 4T 8A (3VC)

I got back into my system. How ever how do I go about getting 4600 IP sets to work with small office edition.

I would upgrade that system to 3.2. You want to run on supported software if you run into problems.

What are the steps involved in upgrading. To get to 3.2
do I have to upgrade using all the other software in between.

I don't see a file on the web site 2.1.99

follow the tech tips, and release notes for upgrading.

Is there a link for 2.99 upgrade bin file

I see 2.1(77) admin download, but I don't see the 2.99 download.

Could I just wipe out my small edition system and just load 3.2.54

My upgrade failed and now I can't get back into the system.
Its all locked up. Is there any way I can reset this system back to factory default and get back into the system.

faq940-6158

will help you get the system back.

I suggest that you read up on upgrades. The Small office should go to 3.2.54 from 2.1.xx without loader upgrades (x.99 firmware)

It is usually advised to upgrade to the latest software for each version to ensure that you existing programming database is fully compatible. (You run the risk of corruptions causing wierd behaviour). If, you are willing to reprogram from scratch, you should just upgrade the firmware, default the configuration. You can then reprogram...

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

My system won't let me back in, is ther a way to default the system through the dte port.

rx7153 stop asking and read the faq posted by mattknight
there is exactly explainedhow to default a ipo by dte
it looks like you are stressed :)
take it easy,readit carefully and try it
once you get the hang off it you start liking it :)

Women and cats can do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Hey tlpeter thank you for the info. I just got my system back and defaulted beack to factory.
Is it possible to just load the 3.2.54 instead of installing
the 2.0 software.
I am new at this I thought it would be a breeze to install.
I bought the small edition new with the 2.0 software and just for training purposes.
I usually work on definity's and nortel systems.

get training, or expect to break, fix it, break it, fix it (bifibifi training). It will teach you, I did not have any formal training, but I did read the pdf's, you might want to start there. Get the install/programming manual, and start there. Then get the VMPRO manual, then user, then CCC, etc., etc.

ipofficeinfo.com is the best source for info I have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back