Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Silent Uninstall of SAV Corp 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceez

MIS
Oct 30, 2008
US
Hello.

We're changing our AV solution at work and need to uninstall from about 100 workstations.

Used good ol' google and found the following:
AND

As always those guides dont work. I've tried every freaking combination of switches with no luck.

here are some:

c:\windows\system32\MsiExec.exe /norestart /q/x{AD8A1013-4E46-4E02-85C2-3168C3328432} REMOVE=ALL

MsiExec.exe /norestart /q/x{AD8A1013-4E46-4E02-85C2-3168C3328432} REMOVE=ALL3

I've added spaces between /q /x and also from /x {AD8A....

When I run the batch file both the dos window pops up, the msiexec.exe process show in the processes of task manager for about 5 seconds and just close. I am running this on a test workstation running XPsp3, sav10.1 as domain administrator.

What the heck is going on?!?! it sounds so easy just have no luck running this simple command line?!?!?

ok problem solved.

even though I had configured for the uninstaller NOT to ask for a password via the symantec console the SAV installed on the workstation was still prompting for a PW, this was even after various reboots and sav service restarts.

I had to use a reg import procedure to disable pw prompting on my batch file before the msiexec ran. The two reg keys are found on the 2nd link posted above

not only does SAV allows junk to get installed on the 'protected' workstations but the clients wont even respond to config changes via their system center console!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back