Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help with setting up for premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbskate

Technical User
Apr 17, 2003
NZ
alright everybody i've started a new project after being away from my computer for over a year and i seen to be running into a few problems.

firts of all here is my system

windows me
pentium3 1,000 mkz
256 Ram
Invidia intel 64mb video card
only 1 hard drive
with generic firewire card.
premeire 6.0

now the last project i completed (a year a half ago) was anologue and slow but everyting seemed to run ok.

now i am capturing with the dv controller and firewire.
but things are not going well.

alot of the clips stutter and appear slow when i play them anywhere in premiere (on the timeline or in the monitor)

i'm sure it's something to do with the configuration.

but can someone out there please tell me the ideal config for running prem 6 on my system.

thanx in advance

dv firewire. what is the size of th resulting AVI when yu're done capturing? Seeing that you'r on ME, the file size may have everything to do with it.

How much space on the HD (free space - you dont mention it)

I've seen this slowness before on my mac... I never did remedy it, but I think that if you use offline editing, which lets you use heavily compressed video files (so it's easier for your system to handle them), it should fix everything. I don't know how to get into offline editing, though- you'll have to check the help topics in Premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back