Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Serialization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galarun

Programmer
Jun 28, 2005
US
Hey all,

I'm writing a card game and am implementing network capability. The cards.dll I downloaded from a site isn't serialized. Is there a way to make an inherited class that is serializable or am I forced to find another class or means of sending the card data? I'm new on networking so my knowledge on this is slim. Thanks!

I would write my own class that holds the cards data and make it ["Serializable"]

How are you doing your networking? You might want to look at remoting!

I actually ended up just transfering a string array with data that can be interpreted on the other side into cards, because making another card class would just be a pain.

I am doing my networking by using TcpListener and TcpClient classes. I read that this was the simplest way of networking computers, but if you know a better way I would love to hear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back