Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with 'Sa' user account replication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman2869

Technical User
Dec 19, 2001
US
I am using SQL server 2000. I want to create a user account with the same permissions as the 'Sa' account. I have done this, but here is where the problem comes in: I create the account in Enterprise Manager and all is well, UNTIL a new database is created...then my newly created account does not have permissions to this database unless I manually assign them, however, I notice that the 'Sa' account automaticly is assigned permissions for the new database.
Is there a way for me to set up my new account with this same style of permissions so that I don't have to manually assign them?

Thank you in advance,

Leon

When you create this new account, are you giving the account 'system administrator' designation in the Server Roles area under Log-In's under the Security tab?

carrr,

Thank you for the reply, as dumb as this sounds, when I created the new databases, I was clicking right past the username and password fields!. Sorry to trouble you but I appreciate your quick response :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back