Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help with rras win3k

Status
Not open for further replies.

user3657

Technical User
Dec 12, 2006
US
i am running win2k3 and trying to get rras to use 2 private interfaces so they can use the internet, etc. the server has 3 nics, one for the internet, then the other 2 that connects to other pcs via crossover cables. i set up rras and it works good, untill i go to network connections and enable the 3rd nic. once the 3rd nic is enabled the first nic will be unreachable while the recently activited nic will have access to the net. if i disable this third nic, internet access will be given back to the second nic.

when both nics are enabled, both pcs will be given an ip address, but the one will not have access to the internet nor can it ping its gateway(ip add of the nic in server).

when i set up rras, i choose "nat".

what am i doing wroung, or what do i need to do?

thanks in advance.

Are you enabling/disabling NICs under CONTROL PANEL > NETWORK CONNECTIONS?

-Keshav

yes, i was just enabling/disabling them to troubleshoot, i found this out because the 3rd nic was always disabled, but just recently i enabled it to make use of it and then the first nic went down, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back