Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzpr

Technical User
Mar 15, 2007
US
I have two columns year and date . These two columns should be used to calculate the payments and these column values will be supplied by the user.
For example:
user values for year is 2005, and date is '04/25/2007'
so in the report we should sum payment by fiscal year based on the fiscal year (which is the specific to the company, their fiscal year starts from Aug of previous year to May of Current year) and based on the date. Eventhough, the fiscal year is 2005, now we need to calculate the payments that start from
Aug2004 to 04/25/2005
Aug2005 to 04/25/2006
Aug2006 to 04/25/2007 (this is the value user gave)
my question is how do I increment each year and calculate the date of each year based on the user input?
Any suggestions? please help.

The easiest way is to use the Dialogue Manager to take the input date, break it up into YEAR and MONTH/DAY, and decrement the YEAR, building a 'new' year/month/day, until you get to the provided start year.

thank you Focwizard. I was able to get this to work by using DEFINE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back