Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Remote Access Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

crushergreen

Technical User
Mar 3, 2004
US
Question:
I installed the Remote Desktop Web on one machine and then was able to attach to that pc via my web browser all on the same network. Now all of a sudden as soon as I type in for that system I get a grey popup window asking for a username and password instead of it popping up on the website and it will not let me in.
The window says connect to 192.168.0.100 on top

What is going on here?

Not sure how you were getting it to work without a prompt. I'm not familiar with the web interface, but with TS you must provide logon credentials. This is from the KB,

How Remote Desktop Web Connection works

When a Web user accesses a Web page that contains the embedded Remote Desktop Web Connection ActiveX Client Control, the following sequence of events occurs:
If necessary, Internet Explorer (IE), version 5 or later, downloads the .cab file pointed to by the CODEBASE parameter of the OBJECT tag. This is necessary in the following circumstances:
1. The computer that accessed the Web page does not have an installation of the full Remote Desktop Connection program or the Terminal Services Advanced Client with Web support.

2. The installed version of the .cab file on the client computer is older than the version on the Web page.

After downloading, IE decompresses the .cab file and installs the ActiveX Client Control in IE's default location for downloaded controls on the target computer.

The default connection page appears, asking the user for server, logon, and connection information.

The Remote Desktop opens in the Web page. Depending on the parameters passed and the settings of the remote computer to which the user is trying to connect, the Windows logon screen appears.

For information on using Remote Desktop Web Connection from the client computer, see To connect to another computer using Remote Desktop Web Connection.

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back