Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with relationships!

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinking

Programmer
Apr 3, 2003
GB
I am trying to make a stock control system for a small shop that takes order as well as "normal" transactions. Have i made the correct relationships between them? I have several tables all connecting to the same field in the same table. Is that OK

Relationships picture

Thanks for the help Martin

P.S. if yoiu have another tips they are most welcome

Hi

Only one that looks suspect is you appear to have TrsansactionId linking to ProductId Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Can you tell me if my dadabase is in 3rd normal form? If it is not, what do I need to do.

Thanks for the quick reply, Martin

It's not easy to say something about a database design when u don't know the 'real' essention but a few things to explain.
The circle from ClientOrders to Products is hard to believe.
Look critical to the entries of ur productRefs, the transaction way is also hard to believe to be right.
Maybe there's an other way.
Taking just one table for the orders, no matter if the order handles 1 product or a list of and no matter the handling time.
If u want right answer to ur question u really have to explain all the meanings of all the tables, else it's impossible to say explicit things about ur design,

Succes,
Gerard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back