Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Raid 1 Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2006
US
Hey Guys, we have a really big issue here and we need some ways of fixing it fast and well.

Raid 1 = System Drive

Raid 6 = Data

So for some reason our data on Raid 6, after installing bigger drives and extending the logical drive, windows 2k3 can not see it b/c its still in Initializing Partition in the HP Raid Config. We spoke with HP since we have support and the said we configured our partitions wrong. i DO NOT have the time or the space to do a migration to different server so here is the plan that we want to do and i need people to verify.

our Raid 1 Logical is 250GB x 2 Drives.

we want to install 1.5 TB drives and create a 1 more logical drive and copy the information over there. then redo the information on the Raid 6 etc and copy everything back.

Now the part i need verifying. Can we then remove the logical drive on the Raid 1 , and then insert the 250GB drives back?

in other words can we go BACK to the original Drives on the Raid 1??

Please pleaseee help as we need to migrate this quickly.

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back