Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Peregrine AssetCenter API's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazza

Technical User
Aug 21, 2000
NZ
I am trying to use the AssetCenter API's and can't seem to get them working ...

Hi Shazza,

This is not exactly a reply to your thread but I am evaluating Peregrine products (AssetCenter, ServiceCenter and Get-Resources, InfraTools IDD, IND and RemoteControl). As per your thread, I gathered that you might have some experience in these products. I would appreciate if you could share some of your experiences like if you have come across any implementation issues, possible pitfalls, operational issues, etc.

Thanks
Mitesh

Hi Shazza,

If you're still interested:
We're working on getting the API's working with Asset Center

We found the following:
* We had to have a "magic" oracle dll in the same directory as the code that was executing: core40.dll
I suspect this was to do with the way our machines were set up and that there was a different version of core40.dll somewhere else that was causing us problems.

* If you get the message "You do not have authorization to use API's" (or something similar), it's to do with the authentication code on the server. You need a specific Auth code to enable API support

* The documentation is pretty poor.

Good luck.
- Greg H

You can look at the FAQ Global API Programming ... there's my experience with AC3.6 SDK (VB) Demo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back