Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with percent of total

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTP

Technical User
Jan 4, 2003
US
I should know how to do this. . .

I am using Crystal 9 to access data from an Access 2000 DB housing records form customer satisfaction surveys. I want to create a cross-tab report showing each employees customer satisfaction results.

The field that contains their level of satisfaction will contain one of five choices: 5,4,3,2&1 (with 5 being completely satisfied and 1 being completely dissatisfied).

In analyzing this one field I want to determine the percentage of customers that were completely satisfied with each employee surveyed. So my report will resemble:

|5|4|3|2|1|Total responses|% Completely Satisfied|
EmpName|
EmpName|
EmpName|

To get the % totally Satisfied I know that I just need to divide the number of completely satisfied returns (all the 5s)by the count of all returns for that employee. What I don't remember is how to do this in a cross tab report. When I use the cross-tab editor and try to create a calculated field my brain waves start getting fuzzy. I know that I will probably need to create a formula that will create count of each result (all 1s, 2, 3, etc.,.) and use that to isolate the 5s (completely satisfied) and then divide that by the count of all returns... but this is where I start getting fuzzy-brained.

Any suggestions?

I think that you'll need a manual cross-tab for this.

Create 5 formulas:

if {table.field} = 1 then
else

if {table.field} = 2 then
else
etc.

Now you can use the standard sum(@formula1) to get the count of each response, and it will work anywhere in the report.

count({table.field}) will tell you the total number of responses.

sum(@formula5)/count({table.field})*100

will get the percent.

I don't understand what the % completely satisfied represents if it's shown for each employee. An employee is either completely satisfied or not.

It's a shame you didn't show sample data and expected output, rather than just part of what the output would look like.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back