Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with ParameterFields using Crystal 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleMonkey

Programmer
Aug 18, 2002
US
I am using Visual Basic 6.0 with Crystal reports 6. My problem is this. I have a report with 3 parameter variables and I would like to set each of the variables through visual basic. I used this notation,
report.parametersfield(0) = "NameOfvariable;Value;True" and I am recieving a "Type mismatch error in vb" Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong, or just lead me to a fix if this is a bug in the crystal report ocx?

Much Appreciated

The syntax will vary with the integration method.
See faq149-237. The options are: OCX, RDC, API, Automation Server. At v6 I don't think the RDC was available. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

It look like you are using the OCX. (Crystl32.OCX)

What Type is your parameter? (Date, String, Number)

If it is a date the "Value" must look like Date(2002,8,19).
If it is a string you can't have a semicoloninside the string.

The OCX doesn't support multivalue or range parameters. To do that you will need the RDC (CRAXDRT.DLL) and a totally different way to process your report. The OCX is easier although a little limited. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back