Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help with NW6.5 System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjsj

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2001
US
Hi all

just a quickie, is it possible to get the 6.5 installation program to step over the minimum requirements processes as i am installing it at home on one of my own pc's so I can use it and gather information to use at work.

Currently my home pc does not meet the requirements for 6.5, it has the memory (512) but the processor is only PII 400 i know that it will be painfully slow but i can live with that fact.

Anyone’s help would be grateful

NetWare 6.5 will not allow you to install on a pc which is bellow the minimum spec. It will give a message to the fact after terminating the install.

Simon.

Simon are you sure on that? I know it will croak if the Memory is not right, but I can't see it aborting over the processor speed.

CJSJ, you can also download the Digital Airlines image of Netware 6.5 and use that.. It doesn't use the Install routine so you can fudge the min. requirements. It just blows up an image of the server onto your system and doesn't care about min. requirements.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

thanks for that info i am currently downloading the image and as i already have the nice new nw6.5 disks i dont need to download the disk images. i will try it tonight if i dont go to the gym that is, and will post the results here for your info

thanks again for your time

Hi

after installing the digital airlines os it just goes round in circles after a debugger screen, so i presume that 6.5 is fussy about hardware. will just scource better hardware thats all

thanks for everybodys time given

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back