Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with NT Aspect Report Runner & Scheduler 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2008
GB
We run an old version of the Aspect Report Runner & Scheduler (1996). If for some reason the system fails but the scheduler runs the reports (ie it thinks it has run the reports but no reports are produced), all the reports that are scheduled overnight then need to be run manually.

Does anyone know how to get the scheduler to rerun the reports, it seems that you need some way to change the system date temporarily back one day ?

I used to use this years ago, stop the programs, change the clock and restart is the only way, another tip is to restart the programs nightly, report runner bugs out when it has run 500 reports, if I remember rightly I used to reboot the machine 1 hour before my reports were due to start, use auto login and put scheduler into the startup group...worked great after that

Andy

I've had the same problem, my schedule begins at 4am so I just close Schedule Monitor, set the clock back to 3.59 and restart it. Once the reports are run I set it back to the correct time. Never could find another way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back