Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with NiceCall Focus III - Driver Issue? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotoXkid

Technical User
Dec 21, 2009
US
I was recently given a NiceCall Focus III that I am trying to set up for recording some radio transmissions.

When I start the unit up, everything starts up normally, but when I click Start CLS, I receive the following error in LogDvr:

"Unable to get logger 111222 params from nicelog.ini"
"Problems in initialization for logger 111222, the VOX won't deal with this driver"

And I never get the "Shave and a haircut" tones indicating the thing is online.

I've been through the NICE training in person, but it was a while ago and since then I've never had to work with one of these things.

Can someone who is intimate with the NiceCall Focus III work with me to get this thing online? I'd surely appreciate it!

Chris

Update: Seems I was able to get rid of those two issues, but now I'm getting the following message from LogDvr:

"Unable to connect to logger 111222"

Help!

Still really need some help on getting this NiceCall Focus III back on it's feet. Anyone that can help, would really appreciate it.

Hi MotoXkid

The c:\nicecti\loggers\nicelog.ini file should uppdate when you add the logger to the CLS in Nice Administrator.

If the files is not uppdated make shure you have a static IP configured and make shure this is the IP configured in nice administrator.

I hope this helps.

Regards Johan

Hi Johan,

I ended up completely reloading the logger from scratch (including installing Windows XP from CD and booting the raid driver into windows installation from a USB floppy drive).

So far the logger seems to be online and running properly now. I can pull calls from the logger in Scenario Replay but not from the CLS, but I think I have some more configuring to do. Luckily I have some good support for the NICE software so I was able to get it back online.

Best,

Chris

By default, the CLS does not run on a Focus3 and therefore will not have the correct site configuration. You will need to add the CLS and Logger in Nice Administrator and add the logger to the CLS loggers tab.

The Focus does not play the tune but if you want to have the same Logger windows as a normal Logger you can change the 'Hide Windows' setting in D:\NTLOGGER\LOGGER\CONFIG\SYSRC.DAT

Hi MotoXkid!

How could you reload the logger from the scratch?
I know that this process is done by Nice support, did you do it by yourself?
If you have done it by yourself can you please explain the steps followed?
Thanks You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back