Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help With New Script 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

steel451

Technical User
Jul 17, 2004
GB

Hi all,

I would like a second opinion on a modification to a script I am looking to try. Unfortunately due to the nature of the script it's difficult to trial as it will only work in live.

This is only a part of a script we have used successfully for some time. The addition is the part highlighted by ***.

The idea is that calls continue to queue to skillset "tom" but at certain times of day and where WAIT TIME and AGENT IDLE conditions are me they will queue to skillset "harry".

What I am worried about is the calls getting stuck queueing against "harry" when agents have become available with "tom"

-----------------------------------------------------

SECTION wait_loop

IF NOT QUEUED THEN
IF NOT OUT OF SERVICE tom THEN
QUEUE TO SKILLSET tom
WAIT 2
ELSE
ROUTE CALL 52250

END IF
END IF

***IF (TIME OF DAY <> tspeak)

AND EXPECTED WAIT TIME xxx > 30

AND IDLE AGENT COUNT xxx >3

THEN QUEUE TO SKILLSET harry

END IF***

GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST ANNOUNCEMENT cpilot_access
PLAY PROMPT
VOICE SEGMENT xxx_vs

WAIT 50

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT 911911 THEN
GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST ANNOUNCEMENT cpilot_access
PLAY PROMPT
VOICE SEGMENT emergency_vs
WAIT 2
DISCONNECT
END IF

EXECUTE wait_loop

Unless you remove the call from queue from toms group it will still be queued to them.

Do you mean as well? If it's queued to both skillsets at the same time that's fine.

Thats not true that this can only be tested live copy the programming you are curently wanting to test. Rename it rat_test, or whatever you like, then re-create the scenario you want to test, like alternate agent phones to simulate agents logged in and obviously you will need new CDN's ACD's to accomplish this but can be done. Then test to your hearts content then when you have a working solution implement on your active live script.

The way you have the script written will queue the caller to skillset tom. (if it is in service and the caller is not already queued)

If the conditions of the next if then statement are met the caller will also be queued to skillset harry.

The caller is still queued to tom until the call is answered or the call gets remove from queue command in the script.

I agree with dj4020 about setting up a lab with a few phones that are acquired by symposium. It really-really helps with debugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back