Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP with NBX V3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerocide

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2013
US
OK... I purchased a NBX from an auction. I connected it to my network and I cannot find the IP. I want to reset it back to factory or find the IP so I can log into it. I connected a serial cable from the serial connector on the line card to my computer. When the console comes up I get a prompt that says ALC_Dnld> Then I try and type in commands and all I get is invalid command. Can someone please help me out or guide me in the right direction.

Thanks

I can only surmise it is trying to find the onboard ALC ports to check firmware and update if needed. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to open the case and make sure all the connectors are tight. Maybe something worked loose.

Rocky Montoya at MTMNet could probably advise on this. He is an ex 3COM tech engineer. They can also get parts and licenses to you.

It might be helpful to us if you can capture the entire boot sequence from power on to ALC_DNLD and post it on the forum.

Mike

First of all, if you're seeing the prompt ALC_DNLD> you're connected to the wrong device; that's not the NBX V3000, that's the Analog Line Card's prompt.

The V3000 unit itself (3C10600), at the Com1 port, should show a prompt of V3000>

Perhaps at the auction, you purchased not only the NBX V3000, but also a 3Com Gateway Chassis (3C10200), in which you have an Analog Line Card (3C10114)? If you connect to the Com1 port on the ALC, you will see a prompt of either ALC> (if the system if already functional) or ALC_DNLD> (if it's waiting to get its download instructions from the NCP)

Also, please verify...if it's a V3000, it's going to be a 1-U appliance, with an Ethernet port on the front, and (if it's American) 4 Line Card Ports, and 1 FXS Port. That's the stand-alone all-inclusive unit; includes call processor, voice mail, and the 4 Analog Ports (in Europe, they would be BRI ports).
I didn't know if what you had was actually an NBX100, with a separate Call Processor card at the top, and 6 card slots, all in one chassis.

If all the above is true, and you are connected to the V3000's Com1 port, and get a prompt of V3000> you should type a command of nbxIpConfig (paying attention to capitalization) and press Enter, and it will walk you through the elements of setting up the network settings for the NBX.

-j

Jimbobebob brought up an interesting scenario. The Analog line card will have a description of the board and a part number. 3C10114 followed by a letter for a US part. Post some photos of what you bought and you can be helped. ~ Mike

First Thanks for all the help,

Here is that the device says in the back. It is a 3com v3000 gateway chassis (3C10605A) I want to get this thing functioning as an NBX if possible. It has a line card on it and that's where I was connecting to the serial port. I does not seem to have any other serial ports but it has 2 Ethernet ports in the front. Below are pictures of the device.

NBX1_zps2ff6f4de.jpg

NBX2_zpsa094f794.jpg

OK - That explains a lot. The Gateway chassis is a holder for the station/trunk circuit packs. You will need to find an NBXV3000 Analog. The V3000 analog has 4 analog CO ports on board and, I think a couple analog station ports, so you might not even need this part.

This is the processor that you need:

You can get NBX 100 but, unless it has licensing for the newer software, the V3000 will give you more bang for you buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back