Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with my new ATI Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

xathras

Technical User
May 8, 2003
GR
My system info is as follows ASUS 16/40 DVD, Liteon 32x12x40 CDRW, ASUS A7V8X-X Mobo, AMD XP 2600 333 FSB, 512MB pc2700 ddr, Maxtor 60gb hdd, Seagate 20gb hdd.

I recently upgraded my graphics from a geforce4 420mx to a ATI Radeon 9200 Excalibur Value produced by Hightech. After installation I ran windows xp pro ( all latest updates ) , installed the drivers and restarted, all hunky dorry, ran 3dmarks 2001 and there was a boost of 2000 marks good ;).

On problem when I switch on the computer from a cold boot i.e. it hasn't been on for a while by post screen appears and just sits there, I can enter my bios, if i do enter my bios and exit it will then run windows. This problems occurs everytime the machine is ran from a cold boot.

Any ideas?

Asus A7V8X-X, Chieftec Scorpian Blue Case PSU 340W, Floppy, Maxtor 60Gb/Seagate 20Gb 7200RPMS, DVD, CDRW, Geforce 4 420MX, Athlon XP 2600 333 FSB, 512MB PC333 DDR, 19" Monitor

If your motherboard is a VIA, you will need to get the latest VIA drivers. ATI products and VIA products can be a pain in the xxx to get working together. I've been trying to get an ATI Radeon 9500 to work on my system for quite awhile and haven't had much luck.

yowza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back