Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with my Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

computercare

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
US
About a month ago I lost the mouse on my gateway. I did a system recovery to get the mouse back but then my display was not right. The video card is a banshee and it is reading correct in the device manager. I have tried to update the driver but it asks for the disk, the only disks that I got from gateway are the gateway restore and WIN 98. Now my norton has detected a virus and QT it. My keyboard is not working right, the row with the shift buttons in it don't work. I tried another gateway keyboard and it won't work either.

Where do I start ? Any help will be great !!

Update the Norton to current and get rid of virus first.......See if Norton enables Safe-Mode scanning

That's all the disks you need...

Pop in the System Restoration Cd (I have 9.6 and 8.0)and you'll see the options( if you have 'Autostart' enabled) under the "Hardware" tab for Video,Mouse, Keboard, Soundcard, Modem.....etc

Do the Video Card/Adapter first.....

TT4U

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions....I try very hard to impart correct info at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back