Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Multiple values in Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolie555

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
I have a report where I have a parameter that "allows" multiple values to be entered. But the problem is that once it is published to our intranet, the parameter allows for only ONE value????

Can anyone enlighten me on what I am doing wrong???

Thank you,
Jolie

Post which version of Crystal, and how you're *publishing to the Intranet*.

There are numerous ways to deploy via a browser, and I'm guessing that someone has written code to handle this, if so, share what was used, or check the CD site for the appropriate example code.

-k

kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Some of the early web delivery methods were fixed to only entering single value parameters. That was fixed with web delivery in CR8.5, but it is still a limitation with earlier servers. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

-k

I was reading your response to this thread. I have spent the last 2 hours this morning trying to solve this problem and I think you might have, unfortuantely.

We have CR8 Pro here. I created a simple report with 4 parameters, one of which allows the entry of multiple numerical values. The report of course works fine when run from CR proper. However, when I try to run it using the
web component server and activex, I am prompted for the 4 parameters but cannot get the 4th to accept any more than the first value I enter. I have tried all manner of separators - commas, spaces, semicolons, etc..

The report is called from an HTML page using the following:

<LI><A HREF=&quot; Work Sessions </A> </LI>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back