Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with .mnu's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssVBAdev

Programmer
May 23, 2003
US
I am having trouble with some menu files that I just can't get. I must be missing something. These menus have worked before but I did some changes and now they don't.

I'm running AutoCAD 2004. I have one menu in a folder, lets say Menu1.mnu. Then, in a subfolder, I have a second menu, lets say Menu2.mnu. Both paths are specifically listed in the Options.

Okay, Menu2.mnu has flyouts that reference toolbars in Menu1.mnu. That is to say that individual toolbars in Menu1.mnu are individual flyout buttons in Menu2.mnu.

Following??...

Here is some example code from both the files (keep in mind I am not showing the entire .mnu file - just what code involves the problem flyout buttons)...
Menu1.mnu:
Code:
**FLG_FTG
ID_FLG_FTG     [_Toolbar("FLG_FTG", _Floating, _Show, 400, 50, 0)]
ID__TeeL       [_Button("Flg Tee Left", "flgTeeL.bmp", "ICON_24_BLANK")]^C^CBlah Blah Code Blah

**FIRELOCK
ID_FIRELOCK_0  [_Toolbar("FIRELOCK", _Floating, _Show, 400, 50, 0)]
ID__FLTEE      [_Button("Firelock Tee", "gvtee.bmp", "ICON_24_BLANK")]^C^CBlah Blah Code Blah

And Menu2.mnu:
Code:
**PIPE_DETAILING_TOOLBAR
**TB_PIPE_DETAILING_TOOLBAR
ID__1          [_Flyout("Flanged Fitting Toolbar", ICON.bmp, NONAME.BMP, _OtherIcon, MENU1.FLG_FTG)]
ID__2          [_Flyout("Firelock Fitting Toolbar", ICON6334.bmp, NONAME.BMP, _OtherIcon, MENU1.FIRELOCK)]

So, what shows up is AutoCAD's "No Button" icon and a message, when the button is clicked, that says "No toolbar is associated with this flyout button." The other buttons on the toolbar work, and show up fine.

Can anyone see what I am missing???

What's the best way to get the answers you need?? See FAQ222-2244 for details!

Thanks for the tip hawkeye22. But - and, no offense to you - that forum s*cked. I'm sure it's good for some things but it sure didn't help me out at all. The search (and I tried a few things, not just "mnu") turned up nothing I could use. The AutoCAD Help Menu was more useful.

I figured out the problem anyway - it's actually rather embarrasing that I missed the problem. The menu's that I am referencing comes from a corporate office. Many of the Toolbar ID's in the referenced .mnu were not unique (ie. some ID's were used more than once). This "bug" apparently does not show up in earlier versions but does indeed cause troubles in A2K4.

So, In short if anyone else runs into .mnu troubles, make sure the ID's are all unique.

What's the best way to get the answers you need?? See FAQ222-2244 for details!

I recieve archtectural floor plans that I use only for background use only. I change all architectural layer colors to 13, so when I add my Electrical symbols they can be on there own layers and colors. I am having trouble
with architectural drawings when I select all layers not all
layer change to color 13, then I window the entire floor plan to change to color 13 some but not all of the remaining object change, door swings will not change and
windows will not change. How can I change very thing on a
architectural floor plan to color 13.
When I explode the floor plan walls disappear or if I use the burst command walls disappear. Why cann't I change
floor plans so I can use them.
Electrical Drafter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back