Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with M1 81c and Callpilot desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevePage

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2006
US
I have a m1 81c and my call pilot desktop messaging is not connecting to our exchange server to kick faxes out through email. I do not know what to check, but I do know that I keep getting a BSD206 and BSD207 error everyonce in awhile. I'm at a loss and this hasn't worked all morning. Please help if you can, thank you!

Has this been working and stopped this morning? If it has been working and stopped suddenly, you can try rebooting the Call Pilot server to see if it fixes itself. If it happens overnight again, you may have a system resource issue.

BSD has nothing to do with DTM on CP not working.

I would start with IP connectivity between the CP and the exchange server. Any changes to IP addresses or anything done with the DNS server recently?

nope, they rebooted the exchange server this morning at 8:47 and at that exact time is when I lost all connectivity, seems like the network card disabled or something?!?! I have been advised that a soft start on the PBX will do the trick, but I'm nervous about taking down 1800 phones for 30 minutes. :(

Why is someone telling you to reboot the PBX for CP desktop messaging problem. CP DTM communicate over the CLAN (customer LAN) not the ELAN (the PBX/nortel equipment LAN)

side note: INI (soft boot)should be complete in about 30 seconds or less. A SYS (cold boot)takes a few minutes

You might want to verify th Exchange server name/IP haven't changed. Just a thought

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back