Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Loops

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzyjer

Programmer
Jun 22, 2010
US
Good Morning I'm trying to create a loop that will increment a date, show the date, and if it has not reached an ending date will continue until it does.
This is what I have currently. Any help would be very much appreciated.

while {Calibration.C2303}<={?Enter Ending Date}
do date(dateadd({Inventory.I4228},{Inventory.I4229},{Calibration.C2303}))

You could do it using variables. Use DateAdd to increment the date. Use SEARCH if you're not familiar with variables in Crystal.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

You can't use loops as such in Crystal, which is a sophisticated report-writing tool rather than a full language. Each date would need its own detail line.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

You can also include SQL in Crystal and SQL does loops

Please clarify your formula--and provide sample values for each field. Your formula doesn't currently make sense, since dateadd takes an interval argument, number to add, and an existing date, like this, for example:

dateadd("d",3,date(2012,2,3)

Also explain whether this is just for display purposes or whether you expect to be able to work with individual dates returned in the sequence.

-LB

Oops, missed a paren:

dateadd("d",3,date(2012,2,3))

-LB

PS. If this is just for date display purposes, you can use a formula like the following and format it to "can grow":

datevar x := {Calibration.C2303}; //assuming this field is a date
datevar y := {?Enter Ending Date};
stringvar array z := "";
numbervar i;
numbervar j := datediff("d",x,y);
for i := 1 to j + 1 do(
redim preserve z;
z := totext(x+i-1,"MM/dd/yyyy");
);
join(z,chr(13));

-LB

Status