Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with loopbacks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
Hi all,

I do quite a lot of SV9100 and SV8100 programming on our customers' systems once they're installed, but it's been a long time since I had to program one up from scratch so I am unfamiliar with the process for creating loopbacks. A colleague of mine was very familiar with it but has left the business and this has now fallen to me to look at.

I am working on an SV9100 system which does not currently have an attendant greeting in place (although they are licensed for it). I have uploaded the new VRS greeting with 3 AA options. Using AA single digit options I have set option 1 to go off-net to an external number - this is working just fine. However, options 2 and 3 need to go to groups of phones. I'm under the impression that to do this I'll need to create loopbacks via WebPro (which I have just done, creating 10 loopbacks) but I'm not sure what the next steps are. I can see that the loopbacks are now there when I look under Virtual Loopback Basic Setup, starting at Logical Telephone Port 125 in this case with S-Point DDI digits set to 3. I believe I need to do other things like create a trunk group for them, set a DDI routing table area for them but it's all quite confusing and I can't quite get my head around it.

Is there a rough guide somewhere for setting these up please? Even just a series of steps in the right order would be really useful, so I can get the single digit AA options routing to the ring groups. Actually, is there another way of doing it? I tried pointing the AA options at virtual extensions then putting one-touch keys for those extensions on the relevant phones but it didn't seem to work. I got ringing tone when choosing the options at the AA but nobody answered and I got cut off after a few seconds each time.

Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Dave

Hey Dave,

You are doing this the wrong way. Use Virtual Extensions and use the built in 16 port voicemail system (9100 has this by default) and auto attendant. Easy.

Hey Dave,

To use Loopbacks you go to 11-02, set a pilot for your loopback, where in your case this starts at port 125, you can then have your Loopback set as an option in the VRS 1 Digit Table

You will need to program your Loopback function to what you want though. If you simply want a group of phones MLT/SLT, then go to 22-05, program which ring group you want your loopback to ring, then program which extensions are meant to ring in 22-04.

If you have purely IP or MLT phones you want to ring, then the suggestion by CoralTech holds some merit, and using Virtual Extensions is an easier alternative. Program your VE in 11-04, set this as a function key *03 (you can keep this hidden in key 25 or higher on all phones to prevent losing keys for the customer) then tell which phones to ring in 15-09, or delayed ring in 15-11. Timer for this delay is set in 20-04-03

Hope this helps.

@CoralTech @Daniel_RO Hey both,

Thanks for your great suggestions and guidance. As all the phones they wanted to ring are MLT (only 2 of them at the moment) I went for the virtual extension method. I used the 2 virtual extensions I created yesterday, I set them as *03 function keys on buttons 25 and 26 on both extensions (this is one place I went wrong yesterday, I was setting them as one touch keys), I went into 15-09 which is totally new to me and set the function keys to ring on both extensions in all night modes. I set the AA single digit options to ring the virtual extensions.

I made test calls and chose the new options and it rang for about 5 seconds and the call was dropped. I extended the AA No Answer Time from 5 seconds to 60 seconds and made further test calls, but it just rang, nobody answered.

I made a call to the same site on a different DDI which routes straight to a ring group containing those same MLT phones and they answered me straight away. The customer told me that the phones had been ringing and saying "Test" on the screen (this is what I've named my test DDI in the DDI routing table) but they couldn't answer it. They said they pick up the phone as usual when they see my test calls and their phone stops ringing but it just "goes dead". At my end, I am continuing to hear ringing tone and there is no indication that they've answered my call.

Are they answering it in the correct way by just lifting the receiver, or is there something else they should be doing/pressing to answer the ringing virtual extension? They won't be able to see it because I hid them on keys 25 and 26. Ideally, I'd like them to be able to answer the ringing virtual extension keys by simply lifting the receiver, is that possible?

Many thanks once again for your assistance, I appreciate it.

Dave

Probably will need to see the database to see what is going on.

@CoralTech Hi CoralTech,

I'd like to, but I'm not sure my employer's going to allow me to post the database here. And sanitising it would take me too long, I'm already out of time on this one.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi all,

I've moved the 2 virtual extension keys to where the end users can see them (on the 2nd row of physical keys) and made a test call. They were able to answer the call by pressing the flashing key, but they said it didn't ring when the call was presented, it just flashed. I don't think it showed anything on the screen either. I will perhaps move them back to keys 25 and 26 again later, at least the phones rang when they were located there, but I'll leave them where they are just for now.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

You realize you have to assign that key to ring right? Unless you have ringing you can't use phantom keys.

Look at 15-09

@CoralTech Hi CoralTech,

Yes, I've already done that. And it does ring, they just can't answer it.

Thanks,

David

@CoralTech That sounds like it might well be what I'm looking for, I'll test it in the morning and see if they answer me, and I'll report back here either way.

Thanks,

Dave

I have set 20-10-08 (Automatic off-hook answer for virtual keys) to on, and this has resolved the issue. The end users can now answer the ringing virtual extension keys on their phones simply by lifting the receiver.

Thanks @Daniel_RO and @CoralTech for your help with this one.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back