Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help with JDBC bridge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaAddictedGeek

Programmer
Apr 23, 1999
US
I just got web hosting from a place that has mySQL and JSP. After numerous back and forth with tech support, they have informed me that they have no idea how to get JSP to connect to mySQL, and that I will need a JDBC bridge to boot. I know the syntax for establishing a connection via tutorials but have NO idea where to place the driver on the server and get it to be recognized by the code. Normally when I do code, it's done directly on the server itself so it goes into my classpath. How I would access the classpath on a remote webhosing server is beyond me.

Help? andrea.berman@mapinfo.com

hi,
basically if u see the jdbc bridge tries to connect the specified DB using the url (which also has got the IP and other details). so it shuld not matter from where u r accessing the db as long as u specify the URL (in the bridge) properly.
and u r right, the jdbc drivers (files) shuld be put in the classpath.
infact for example, classes12.zip has to be put in the lib folder for BEA Weblogic to recognize/connect to Oracle DB using thin.
hope this shuld solve the problem.
if still the probleme persists, pls get back !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back