Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with installing a DSS console in a KX-NS700XE system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cylan

Technical User
Feb 18, 2019
BN
I'm trying to install DSS console in a KX-NS700XE system. The DSS i'm currently using is KX-DT590X which is compatible with KX-NS700XE. I've tried plugged to a regular port on a DLC16 card using the cord it came with and the DSS doesn't boot up / show any sign of connection between the DSS and PDX. I've even tried to select the DSS console setting through Web Maintenance Console but it gives me an error "E00030A operation cancelled. Please set appropriate settings". Is there any ways to solve this problem?

In the system slots extension card property you will need to take the port being used as DSS ous and change to dss. Save and put back in service. You then will be able to assign it to an extension and program buttons

@obtsystems
Thanks for the reply, i've already tried that out (that's what the manual said) but i just can't change the port type due to the light blue box that prevent me from changing it into DSS.

Edit: Okay i finally found out the solution. I just mistakenly "DPT Type Type" with the "Port Type" and that's why i can't change it into DSS. Thanks for the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back