Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with installing 1408 phone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

foneman1

Technical User
Apr 26, 2008
US
Hello all, I am installing a 1408 phone on an IP Office500 6.0.18. This is the first 14XX phone on this system all other phones are 54XX. The phone display say NO APPLICATION FIRMWARE, NO RESPOND FROM SYSTEM. I had rebooted system with no luck. Not sure what else to do. Thank you in advance.

Upload the latest files to the memory card via the manager under Emmbeded file manager. This will take a while.

[cheers]

Thanks for the respond. I got a message saying Upload not required. Thanks again.

Yes i did, Twice it told me that i have missing file, press OK to continue. Thanks again.

The 1408 cannot find a file server.
Do you have a ip500v1 or v2?
What is the tftp file server ipadres?

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

This is IP500 V2, and the tftp file sever IP address is 192.168.43.2 which matches my PC ip address. Thanks.

Then you are using Manager as TFTP server? Was it open and do you have the server type set to Manager? :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Use the memory card its a lot simper specify it in the manager and set the IP address as the systms IP address.

[cheers]

It worked, here what I did, not sure what fixed it.
I changed the TFTP server to memory card and rebooted, did not help. I disabled my firewall and changed the server to Manger and rebooted, did not help. While the firewall is disabled I uploaded the latest files, and I think the upload worked this time because it uploaded 45 files, I did not see that last night when I did the upload. I rebooted the system, but it did not fix the problem. Then I changed the server to memory card and rebooted, and it finally worked. Thank you all for your help, I learned a lot.

When you set it to "memory card" then the tftp and http ipaddress must be set to the ipaddress of the ipoffice itself.
Then it works straight away.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Hi all,

I upgraded phones release 3. IPO 500V2 and phones 1403,1408 models.

My problem is "Phones want to upgrade again when I reboots to IPO 500".

Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back