Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtb12314

Programmer
Jan 7, 2008
US
Hello Everyone,

I have a group based on table.desc with customized group name as follows:

if table.desc = ""
then "...."
else
REPLACE({table.desc},"Total ","")

Whenever there is no data for table.desc="Unrealized Gain/Loss"(I mean if the entire row is 0) then I am suppressing the Group Footer3 section as below by having a formula for suppress property of Group Footer3 section:

(Sum ({@Act Amt CM Inc}, {table.desc}) = 0 and
Sum ({@Bud Amt CM Inc}, {table.desc}) = 0 and
Sum ({@Bud Var CM Inc}, {table.desc}) = 0 and
Sum ({@LY CM Inc}, {table.desc) = 0 and
Sum ({@Act Amt YTD Inc}, {table.desc) = 0 and
Sum ({@Bud Amt YTD Inc}, table.desc}) = 0 and
Sum ({@Bud Var YTD Inc}, table.desc}) = 0 and
Sum ({@LY YTD Inc}, table.desc}) = 0)or
{table.desc} = "Unrealized Gain/Loss" or
{table.desc} = "" or
{table.desc} = "SUBHEADER"

whenever there is no data for table.desc="Unrealized Gain/Loss" the section is suppressed but the problem is I still see the "Unrealized Gain/Loss" in the group tree. How to suppress this in the group tree .

I mean whenever there is no data for able.desc="Unrealized Gain/Loss" then I don't want to have it in the group tree.

Please suggest how to resolve this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Wouldn't you need to suppress the group header AND footer? O

Or couldn't you just filter out those records in your query (select statement)?

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

You can suppress groups, which is more efficient than suppressing each section in a group. I'm not sure whether this will also suppress them in the group tree.

You also seem to be suppressing using rules like {table.desc} = "Unrealized Gain/Loss" that might be better put in record selection.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back