Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Genesys Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

avgindyguy

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
Hello Everyone,

Okay I will get right to it. Here is the situation. We will be piloting Genesys in the next few months and I need some information how it works. I understand that the CTI link will be used by Genesys to monitor agent activity. No problem there. Here is my understanding of how it works, please correct me if I am wrong. Create an adjunct link and assign it to a vector. Do I also need a VDN assigned to the vector? Genesys will create a skill and I will have to create a dummy skill for the agents that handle the calls. Is this true and what is the purpose of the dummy skill, I am assuming so they can log in. Genesys has requested a block of VDN numbers to route the calls to the CSR's. My assumption is that Genesys launches a Direct Agent Call to the CSR but I not sure how the call gets there. Are the block of VDNs they need used to route the call, and if so does my vector just simple route to digits to get the call to the CSR? Also, one of our big concerns is VDN Org announcements, Genesys stated we could not use them. If I create a direct agent queue and assign an org announcement to one of the VDNs they use, would they not hear it? Other big issue is queue lights, CSRs today have the lights, does Genesys provide this? If so, how is it done? Any insight to the product would be helpful. I am working on a report Matrix comparing Genesys reporting with CentreVu and am finding many differences. thanks

What Genesys application(s) are you using? The Genesys t-Server monitors agent activity in the PBX, and for a straight "call" center app, you can let the Definity do the routing. If yours is a "contact" center and your agents are also involved in email correspondence and web chat, etc. the Genesys routing solution (URS) allows you to route these other tasks to an agent in a coordinated fashion with the G3. It sounds like that's what you're doing based on their requirements. I haven't setup the routing before, so I can't help you there, but they have to support some kind of announcements. Good question on the queue lights, too. If Genesys won't support them, overhead display boards may become necessary (most will work with Genesys).

Yes we are letting Genesys URS handle all the routing. Actually it is called MCGS, which basically means MCI Manages the solution. However, once in place we have access to the reports and routing software to adjust things. But we need to make it work first. thanks for the help

We have deployed Genesys CTI successfully here. We also had to create a pool of VDN's for the CTI call's. The VDN's would route to one vector containing the ASAI link steps and then would route to the VDN's that the call was associated with. Actually, a contractor (Zaidacom) for Genesys set up the CTI portion for us. Our site is not using Genesys router at this time.

Depending on the solution being provided by MCI, will depend on the functionality.

ie if MCI will route the calls to the VDN on site then queue lights can be used. BUT if you are routing locally at the CPE using Genesys you cannot use the queue lights from the definity as they are a definity feature.Genesys can do some really funky stuff with the softphone or wallboards.

Genesys should not be compared to CMS as Genesys is more inline with the AIC product.
Both have their own special 'features'.

Announcements - because the ASAI doesnt support API calls directly to the announcement Genesys cannot use them, therefore vdn's and vectors are used.
There are many other limitations in the integration, but also many other benefits that you receive from Genesys.

If you need anymore info post away and i will respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back