Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with front page extensions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcvogel

Technical User
Jun 28, 2004
US
Hi everyone,

I would be MOST GREATFUL if any of you could help me out. I am tyring to get 3 pages to work. Each basically says that I'm trying to run this off a disk based web or the extensions aren't configured to send mail. My host promises everything is okay on his side, but I can't use these pages. If anyone is willing to help I would be eternally grateful. My frustration is growing by the minute!

Many thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

The infamous "Disk based web" message is just a reminder that the web must be published to a server with the extensions properly installed.

This is generally a message you will get when saving a form, guestbook etc. and usually will appear when working on a local web.

If the host server has the extensions installed, and you use FrontPage "Publish Web" to http location, then it should be smooth sailing.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal Smith

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back