Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with formula to suppress correctly 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyreports

Programmer
May 12, 2010
US
I am needing some assistance with how my report is currently returning results. I currently have 3 grouping levels:

Group 1: Data.Code
Group 2: Data.ProcCode
Group 3: Data.NotesType

What I am having issues with is when I have more then 1 ProcCode. If I have more than 1 ProcCode, I am getting back results like this:

ProcCode: 99214

NoteType Field 1
NoteType Field 2

ProcCode: 81005

NoteType Field 1
NoteType Field 2

The report breaks the Proc Code out and repeats the same note for the NoteType fields. Is it possible to get my results back like this instead?

ProcCode: 99214
ProcCode: 81005

NoteType Field 1
NoteType Field 2

I would like to keep my ProcCodes together and my NoteTypes together. I thought I could use the Previous function to handle this but its not looking that way. I tried to use the following formula on my "Suppress (No Drill-Down" Group 3 footer to keep my notes types from breaking into two segments and it did no good.

{Data.Code} = PREVIOUS({Data.Code})

This is not a suppress issue, it is the way that Crystal works. The only way to get the format you're looking for would be to use a subreport for either the ProcCode data or the NoteType data. If you use a subreport for ProcCode, you'll put the subreport in the Code group header section. If you use it for NoteType, you'll put the subreport in the Code group footer section to get the format you're looking for.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back