Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help with finding some useful information on EXTRA Basic language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Dec 20, 2002
US
Does anybody know of any EXTRA basic macro programming language sites where I could learn to do some macro programming. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.
I know a little of MS office programming using VBA. I am not sure how to apply that knowledge on to the mainframe.

This seems to be a recurring request for a number of us. I will be paying attention as I have the same needs. Also can anyone write B/E code that will open an existing Excel file and make an existing worksheet available for edits etc?

Well, i wish we had some information. I am a mainframer by profession and want to apply some VBA knowledge that I have acquired over the past few monthso on the mainframe, via, Extra Basic language

I have in the past gotten some useful info from the attachmate site (as they are the ones that interfaces our mainframe with Windows (Extra personal Client))and from this site also as I was able to address specific problems with Word, Excel ..etc as applied to our Mainframe . Then I was able to sort of scavenge their syntax into my specific needs. My needs were to primarily extract certain info from my mainframe (host) and post them into Excel then from there I can handle mail merge in Word etc. keep me posted.

winnier,
I have been looking into the Help menu on the EXTRA personal client. It sheds some light on the object model. But I want to look at some code snippets that will possibly help me code some macros or write programs in EXTRA. The search is ON but haven't met with success yet. Looking for sites that have something to say about EXTRA macro pgming.

If you are interested, you can give some more info on your system and what exactly it is that you want to do and perhaps I can provide some code that may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back