Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Event Viewer WPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford500

Technical User
Jan 5, 2005
CA
Hello everyone!I have a question for you all.I am running XP Home and have sp1 with all the latest updates.I had sp2 but was having probs so did a clean install about a year ago and only use sp1.But just lately i have been noticing that in Event Viewer under "applications" i have a warning that shows everytime i boot up first thing in the morning.It has been happening for close to two weeks now.It is a warning about Windows Product activation.It says tthat i have not activated my windows product.I have activated my "Home" edition.This is talking about "windows server 2003" which i do not have!I am concerned that it will eventually kick me out of my computer.Here is what it says "Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 1005
Source: Windows Product Activation
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: WPA_NOT_ACTIVATED_EVENT
Message: Your Windows product has not been activated with Microsoft yet. Please use the Product Activation Wizard within %1 days.
I did a search and can find nothing associated with this os on my computer.I figure it can down with an update but not sure.It was quite awhile ago.It does not cause any probs as of yet but i am concerned.Thank you all in advance.Also i do not use system restore so i cannot go back in time.

This is perhaps something that should be taken up with Microsoft Support so that you can get to the bottom of the problem.

I wonder if you have entered the correct Product Key the last time you installed Windows?

You can check your Product Key (and installed programs, including Windows versions) by using this free program.

I did see this comment on the Web, and it would help to know exactly when these Warnings first began to appear.

"Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB905474) that Windows Update installed on the 12 May as part of some high priority updates?"

There was also this link which is a bit similar to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back