Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Error: "Drive <x:> is not accessible. Incorrect function

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjesop

Technical User
Aug 7, 2003
US
I have installed Norton Internet Security package which contains Norton AntiVirus 2003. When I try to access the floppy drive or another removable drive such as a CD-ROM or Zip drive, I see the error message &quot;Drive <x:> is not Accessible. Incorrect function.&quot; I have removed all CD burning software and am freshly updated from microsoft's website. I have been to Symantec's website and followed their directions however they were unable to solve the problem. Help?

More questions about CD Rom drive errors for windows 2000.
I don't have Roxio Easy Cd Creator or windows XP, thanks for the help but I have been to that site already. Any other suggestions. Should I uninstall Norton Antivirus 2003 or the internet security software package that includes Norton personal firewall, privacy control, spam alert, parental control, and the before mentioned antivirus. I didn't start having these problems until I installed this software package. Please advise.

Definitely uninstall the complete package... At least then you'll know. I'm sorry, I didn't fully read your post. I've had problems with norton in the past and it can cause many funky problems.

If uninstalling the complete package works, try installing just the norton antivirus package. leave out the security package. See if it works.

good luck

~ The day I think I know it all, i'm changing careers ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back