Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with DID -> BRI tie line

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismccatgmail

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2004
US
I have:
a Norstar MICS 6.1
PRI card
combo card
BRI card
a block of 20 DID numbers, 023-042
dial 8 to dial out ( not 9 )
7 16 port station modules
a call pilot 150

I do not use target lines for each person, only extensions (usually from CP150 AA) starting at 200 through 311.

(thanks to members of this forum) I have a DID -> fax solution for 8 numbers as this is the maxium answer DN.

I would like to setup another BRI port as a tie line. Normally this would be to another Norstar type system, but in this case the "other phone system" is a local PC with a couple of active ISDN (BRI) cards.

The PC is running HylaFax for fax managment (excelent program) and I would like to add an additional block of 100 DIDs and asterisk PBX software to provide VOIP to several remote users.

I have read (and understand a good bit of :) the MICS System Installer Guide. I am not sure about which type of calling plan I should be using, uniform (UDP) or coordinated (CDP).

I think I want something like:

DIDs 02* -> first tie line BRI
DIDs everything else 03* 040 041 042 -> current (which is ?)
future DIDs (for example 100-199) 1** to second tie line BRI

from existing phone sets, extensions 4** would go to the BRI tie line.

Where should I be starting? The docs go back and forth depending on UDP/CDP.

and I could call my vendor, but the VOIP stuff is kind of fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back