Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Dell 650F

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMANDINGO

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2006
US
Ok i read through every post on this site dealing with Emc and Dell and still have a few questions.

1. I have the flare code of 05.11.17 on my sp, now does this flare allow me to see the san over my db16 switch, because when i have it plugged into it i cant see it but when the san is connected directly to a server it is seen. I know i need access logix but i thought i could do it without that. I have the zones and aliases and the configs saved in the switch but still no good.

2. I need to get into engineering mode so i can make some changes and yes i know how just dont have the password, if some one could give me a hint or email that would be great.

3. When i have the san connected straight to the server i am trying to create a metalun but cant find where to do it, is that because of my flare ? I would like to make my 1 TB luns seem as one big one and is that wise, and how. I have navi 6 and cant find the option in there

4. Last does any one know of a utility that i can use to read the firmware off a drive as a backup? Thanks

It might interest you to know that Data General used a mountain climbing theme in naming their fc models.
FC5600 was Denali, FC5400 was Thor, FC5300 was K1, FC4500 was Alpine. is an interesting site to view if your interest in mountain climbing has been piqued at all.

Access logix requires 6.xx.xx flare code. I don't think meta luns were suppported until cx series but I'm not sure.. could have started earlier, 45 or 4700 perhaps. 'fraid there are no utilities that I know of. best thing to do is to pull a drive out and set it on the shelf. Maybe two drives if you can.
Code drives are 0 thru 3. One at time letting each rebuild before pulling the next.

Dude you rock
Thanks for the fast responce, now that im in i have another issue clicking on the engineering tab yeilds no features, there is nothing for me to click on ?? I dont understand that one. And from what you say i guess metaluns cant be done on my model... Lastly i still cant get my san seen though the fabric switch which is an emc db16 not sure what i am missing..

" best thing to do is to pull a drive out and set it on the shelf. Maybe two drives if you can.
Code drives are 0 thru 3. One at time letting each rebuild before pulling the next." <--- sorry didnt mean flare but the drive firmware it self

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back