Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Crystal Report 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewComer

Technical User
Apr 26, 2001
US
Hi, I am brand new to Crytal Reporting. I have created a report via an ADO connection to the SQL Server. I clicked refresh to update the data and although my text fields in design view still read the same, the data displayed is from another field in the SQL view. It seemed to scramble my fields up. I did modify my view on the SQL server, would this affect my report. Thanks for your help.

Try Database...Verify Database. If you change the view you report off then it should read "The database file yourviewname has changed. Proceed to fix up the report!". Click "OK", Crystal will either accept changes or pop up a dialog box, allowing you to remap fields, if you changed aliases for fields in your view. Then just hit F5 and it'll refresh report data as well.

The fields in the recordset have to be exactly the same, and in the exact same order, as the list of fields that you used when you designed the report. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Thank you both so much. I did later realize that they must remain in the same order as the field list. So I suppose if I alter the view for the report it must go in the end of the view. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back