Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with creating modem pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenherder

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2003
CA
My company has a DSL line but it has gone down on occassion leaving our remote offices dependant on Citrix helpless.

can anyone recommend a modem pool solution, either an applicance, digiboard or software that I can host about 5 dial up lines as a backup for my remote users.

We are a Windows shop.

Thanks

matt

I have used Comtrol RocketModem, which has 4 or 6 modems on a single PCI card, but if you use analog modems, you will be forced to a 33.6Kbps connection as a maximum. To get a higher speed, you need to go to a digitally attached modem emulator, like a Cisco AS53XX or an Ascend (Lucent) Pipeline.

But you may be better off just getting service from another ISP or a bustable frame-relay connection. You can get a guaranteed Service Level Agreement (SLA) with a dedicated connection like frame-relay.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back