Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with creating a report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkayd

Programmer
Jun 6, 2007
CA
I'm new to this forum. I am looking for someone who can help me create a report in Paradox.

Here is the situation. I need to create covers for different jobs. An example would be books of invoices. The invoices may be numbered from 1 to 500 in books of 50 invoices per book. So the cover for book one would be labeled "1 to 50", book two would be "51 to 100", book three would be "101 to 150" etc. I may need to put logos on some of the covers but that is a separate issue.

The fields I have in my report are:
-Page size (5.5 x 8.5, 8.5 x 11, 8.5 x 14, etc)
-Orientation (landscape, portrait) these two fields are used to choose the report to use, whether it is one-up, two-up etc.
-Numbers per book (or page - 20, 25, 50, etc)
-Beginning number (this will be the starting number on first page - next pages will need to be calculated)
-Ending number (this minus beginning number divided by numbers per book gives total number of covers needed)

So I will need to create a report with the calculated number of pages (which is one thing I will need instructions on or will try to figure out) that will have the range of numbers printed on the bottom of each page ("1 to 50" on first page, "51 to 100" on second page, etc.) I think I will need to use page numbers to calculate this but how do I use the page number in a formula. I just need an example (such as [page #] + 1) and I can figure it out from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back