Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with CR7 and SQL Server7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffCarlin

Programmer
Aug 16, 2001
US
We created a VB6 app into a SQL Server database and designed the CR reports. They all worked fine.

Then, when I ported the app to my client's machine, the reports would not work. The 20599 (Cannot open SQL Server) error appears. On the CR KB, I found an article that says to use File Location and remove the Database and Owner, which I did. I also am using the Connect property which specifies the client's Server. Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Thanks,
Jeff

Here's the latest on this problem:

Is it possible there is a DLL somewhere that he needs for CR that the P&D Wizard didn't pick up? When I use the P&D Wizard to create the install pkg, it wants 3 files that I don't have: "Crystal", "u25Total.dll", and "u25Store.dll".

Please, if anyone has a handle on this, give me a hand.

Thanks,
Jeff

You didn't tell us your integration method (faq149-237) and I think the connect property is only for the OCX method. You might need LogOnServer or SetLogonInfo. Are you connecting via ODBC?

Two of the dlls you mentioned are for additional formula functions. (The CRYSTAL on is a bug I believe) If the report runs fine without those functions I am surprised it would ask for them, unless they are used in formulas that are dormant in the report. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back