Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Connecting to Cisco 2503 router console

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenzeus1881

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
US
I have a Cisco 2503 router (I know it's kinda outdated) and i can't seem to be able to log on to the console. I am using an RJ-45 to DB-9 female connector (roll-over), with the DB-9 female connector going into my terminal's COM1 port. (I've also tried using COM2, both COM ports are working) RJ-45 going into the router's console port. I am using Hyper terminal (Windows 2000 server) to dial in, settings for Hyperterminal are as follows:

Bits per second: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1 or 2 (tried both)
Flow control: None

Connect using: COM1

Is there anything that I've left unconfigured? As i know of, this is the default configurations to dial into the console. However, I can't seem to be able to dial-in through the router console. Please assist anyone? Really appreciate the help.

Hi

Try varying the speed of Hyperterminal. Often if the speed does not match the console you will get garbage on the screen, but some speeds give no display at all.

I assume the connector you used came with the router, or at least matches the pinouts for a 2500 console cable on the Cisco website.

EB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back