Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with CLI on 4506 - "set" command unrecognized? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMEAGLE2

MIS
Jun 24, 2003
US
Hello, just took a new 4506 out of the box. I have some experience doing some basic configuration on smaller catalyst switches and routers, but first time with the 4506. After reviewing the documentation, it seemed pretty straight forward - using the "set" command to set an IP address and assign a VLAN to the sc0 "in band" admin interface. However, after giving this a try on the switch, the CLI tells me the set command is not recognized? Tried all modes. Documentation says to enter: "set interface sc0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I also found it interesting I don't this "sc0" interface when displaying a running config or doing a "show interfaces". Any help would be greatly appreciated!" Thanks!

YOu need to see what model of supervisor engine you have

the newer ones that 4500's usually use is the SUP IV, that is an IOS based switch, which therefor doesn't have the "set" command..

Only the Supervisor II (not II-PLUS) and Supervisor I have the Catalyst OS which gives you the "set" command...

BuckWeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back