Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Citrix 4.5 and NAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doswelk

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2001
GB
I have a citrix 4.5 server running a single published application. This works fine for people in the same site as the server...

Now I need to add access to a remote site, they will access the server via a NAT address.

I have set the ALTADDR to the correct alternate address.

When they setup a custom connection they get an error message "The desktop you are trying to open is currently available to administrators..."

I've got this e-mail from their end:

"I've changed the Network Protocol to TCP/IP + HTTP on the client and now on Published Application, I get Anite@Work as the drop down applications available. But now get an error 'Cannot connect to the Citrix Presentation Server.There is no Citrix Presentation Server configured on the specified address' "

They also seem to be getting this error: "Cannot connect to the citirx Presentation Server. Unable to Locate the requested Citrix PS name. The server may be unavailable or you may have entered the server name incorrectly"

Any ideas how I should proceed...

Doswelk,
So you got the ALT ADDR set on the Citrix server....did you change the configuration on your WI client or ICA client to use the ALT Addr?

Usually when you set an ALT ADDR on the Citrix server...you have to tell the WI server to dish out the ALT ADDR instead of the internal IP.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back