Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help With Cisco Catalyst 4006

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDAVIS

MIS
Jul 30, 2001
US
I just recently upgraded from 3com switches to the Cisco Catalyst 4600. After the upgrade was complete, the majority of our users started complaining about slow perfomance from the PC and lockups when printing. Also the clock started losing about 45 minutes a day and some PCs had to be rebooted multiple times. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....The users are like lynch mobs.

Thanks

Let me guess.. you have the users plugged straight into the ports of the cat? Turn on portfast for starters.. that will cut the spantree blocking time by half.. Also, and this is the biggie.. are the users on 100 or 10? If it's not Cat5 CERTIFIED and using 10/100 cards, lock the ports to 10 half. If they can do 100, give 100 full but LOCK IT.. the auto stuff is for the birds. Intel NICs are not too bad but 3com nics have given me grey hair.. and I dont have enough left to let it go grey ;-)

MikeS Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back