Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help with ccnp lab already has 2 router and 1 swt

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveroots

Technical User
Jul 16, 2002
US
Hi I would like to setup a ccnp lab. I prsently have 2 routers 1 2611, 1 3600 series both router has wic 1dsu version1 card. as for switch i have 1 2950 do not have much money to play with and wil like the cheapest way to complete lab setup.

Check out Wendell Odom's blog, he has a great listing of equipment to use:

When I did my CCNP lab, I had 3-4 routers varying from 2507's, 2600's, and 2811's. And at least 3 switches capable of rapid spanning-tree (2950's or 3750's).

I was lucky and had access to some spare equipment at work though.

loveroots,

Read the Odom blog at Networkworld as posted by lerdalt, Wedell Odom did a good job on both a CCNA lab and a CCNP lab.

You also might keep your eye out for a 2520,2521, 2522 or 2523 for a Frame Relay switch or get a NM-4A/S or NM-8A/S for the 2600 or 3600 and use one of them as your Frame Relay.

Keep your eyes peeled for WIC-1Ts - these work great with either the 2500's or the 2 Network Modules listed and back-to-back DTE/DCE cables for your serial connections between the routers.

You will also find a nice sweet spot on 2610XM or 2620XM routers on Ebay now I have seen them go for $75 to $110 - they have 1 Fast Ethernet, 2 WIC slots and 1 Network Module slot and can run 12.4 IOS's. 3640's are also nice but make sure you factor in the cost of Ethernet/WIC Network Modules or Fast Ethernet/WIC Network Modules. But the 3640's will also run 12.4 and just about any Network Module or WIC so they make great lab routers.

Good luck and read back a few pages of posts here to see what has been discussed on labs!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

You mean that we discuss labs here? LoL

B Haines
CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back